Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Remembering Mr. Wizard


Don Herbert, the one and only "Mr. Wizard" will be missed.
He lost his battle with cancer, June 12, 2007, at 9 am (PDT).
"... slightly more than one month shy of his 90th birthday."


His first Watch Mr. Wizard episode airs on Chicago's NBC station in the 1950's. These shows continued throughout the 50's and 60's.


Don appeared as a guest on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1963.

He formed Mr. Wizard Enterprises, Inc. to raise money for production and
distribution of Mr. Wizard classroom films in 1968.

He was a guest on Late Night with David Letterman (the premier show) in 1982.

Mr. Wizard's World, receives Ohio State University award "for support of excellence in educational, informative and public affairs broadcasting" in 1986.


I remember watching Mr. Wizard's World during the 1980's. (Yes, I was a child of the 80's. No, I didn't own any parachute pants.) His shows were so entertaining, yet educational at the same time. I know that Mr. Wizard, and his shows inspired many kids to become more involved in science later in life.



Promo for the "Mr. Wizard's World" DVD's.



Thank you "Mr. Wizard".

Images and information from Mr. Wizard Studios

1 thoughtful comments:

mommiebear2 said...

I dont think I ever watched Mr. Wizard, but I did own me some parachute pants! ;)

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin