Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fact or Fiction?

The three lead members of the band Three Dog Night chose their name after realizing they’d been served dog for dinner.

What do you think?
(I'll reveal the answer later.)

ETA:

Three Dog Night members Danny Hutton, Cory Wells, and Chuck Negron did not name their band after an unexpected canine supper.

The expression “three dog night” has been credited to both the Australians and the Inuit (Eskimos) and refers to a night so cold that a person sleeps cuddled up with three dogs in order to keep warm.

If I had been having a contest, Suzio would have won.
I'm glad that the name didn't come from their meal either Glee.

4 thoughtful comments:

Susan said...

I think the name Three Dog Night came about, because it was cold...a one dog night would be chilly, a two dog night would be cold, and a Three Dog Night would be freezing (so cold they'd need to pile on another dog to keep warm!). That's what I think!

glee said...

I really hope that is fiction, but I understand it wouldn't be unusual in Viet Nam or Thailand....

Yuck!

Laura said...

Just the idea of eating dog freaks me out. I understand it is normal in some places, but I love little Radar too much!

Glad they didn't have to eat dog to get the name. The "three dogs to keep warm" thing is pretty cool. I like that backstory better!

Ann(ie) said...

I say fiction. =)

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin