Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Goodies

J and I had a wonderful time with family in Austin. Thanks again for having us to your house B, K, KB and KJ!

We visited, laughed, ate lots of good food, played games, laughed some more, read stories, and I even learned how to play 42! That's a really fun Domino game for those who might not know. My mother-in-law N, sister-in-law K along with J and I even played Taboo a few times. I'm not sure who won the most because we switched team partners a few times, but we all had fun.

Here are some of the things J and I got each other for Christmas.


Star Wars - Galactic Heroes.

The first time I saw these at the store, I was smitten. (Can someone be smitten with a toy? I don't know.) These are so cute and squatty. I don't know if you would call them "action figures" since they are not the true, original Star Wars figures, but I love them.



They came in sets of two, and there are many more to choose from. If I could find it, I'd like the one with Han Solo and Princess Leia, along with the block of Carbonite that Solo was "frozen" in, from the Empire Strikes Back. Don't you think it's a fun one?


Isn't Chewbacca the cutest?
I have the best husband ever!


C-3PO

He actually comes apart and fits into the mesh bag that Chewy wears. This was from the scene where C-3PO gets shot in Cloud City from The Empire Strikes Back.


Ahh, Harrison Ford... I mean Han Solo wearing his winter garb from Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. This is a "Mighty Mugg". Also squatty and fun, but he's about 6 inches tall.


J knows that I love Sea Turtles, so he got this sterling silver and opal necklace for me. I was really surprised!


This set of 5.1 Surround Sound speakers was my big present.

They were supposed to hook up to my Mac so I could listen to music while I work and really enjoy the nice sound. Unfortunately the connection cables aren't right so we'll need to return it. I even did some investigating to see how I could hook them up. There was a work-around but it wouldn't provide the best sound and allow me to use the 5.1 surround sound to it's full capabilities. Phooey!

J opening one of his gifts.




Goggles. Hmm.


What do we have here?
It's from Bell, so we know what that means.


A helmet. Yea!


The helmet fits, however with all the padding it looks a little big on J's head. He decided that we will return it, along with the goggles for the time being.

It seems like J and I did really "well" with each others' gifts didn't we? Only kidding. We both like the gifts we received, but there are a few things to work out first.



The Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak
Image source


J's very big gift will be arriving within the next few weeks. Our friend E sold him a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak motorcycle and he will be bringing it to us. E will also bring his helmet that goes with the bike. J plans to see if the helmet fits and if it looks okay. If so, I won't get him a new one. We'll just have to wait and see for now.

So how was your Christmas? We received some nice, and very thoughtful gifts from family, and we are thankful for them. Most of all, we are thankful for our families and friends. Our jobs, our health, and each other.

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin