Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Friday the 28th at the Museum

On Friday, J and I took my parents to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see Body Worlds 2 & The Three Pound Gem along with the other exhibits. It was a lot of fun and very interesting. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any photographs, so you won't see any on here. If you visit the sites I linked to, you can see a few photos there.


Mom and I in the back seat, ready to go to the museum.
I was in the process of blinking. I tend to do that. ;)


Here's a better picture of me while we were getting gas.


Here are some of the pictures from the museum.

The gem and mineral exhibit was beautiful! I wish J and my pictures were developed so I could see how the photos we took turned out. I think we took some of the gems as well. There was one particular necklace, a huge blue sapphire with tons of diamonds around it. It was gorgeous!


I think this is Opal, but I don't recall exactly. Most of the specimens
were made up of two or three elements/minerals formed together.



This picture doesn't really do the blue-green color justice.


There were little "columns" of crystals formed on this rock.


This was a naturally occurring gold formation, on top of a rock with other minerals.
They called it the "Golden Dragon". Do you see it?



Another rock with gold and minerals, but this one has a more normal looking formation.


Such brilliant colors, and unique formations.


Interesting, and colorful geometric formations.


There were lots of geodes as well. There were even some
for sale at the gift shop, that is if you could afford them!


We also had a good time looking at the various animals of Africa. Mom and I enjoyed the birds. There was one in particular that was so small, and had such long tail feathers, that we wondered how it could hold itself up in flight. Like any good natural science museum, there were dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes, varied prehistoric animals, the bones of a Woolly Mammoth, Saber-toothed cats, petrified trees and shells. There was even an exhibit just about the sea and shells found around the world. There were thousands of them!




We had a terrific time, even though we were pretty tired at the end of the day from all the walking we did. Once we got back home it was time for dinner, and we feasted on all our wonderful Thanksgiving bounty again. So good!

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin