Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 26, 2009

Adventures with a Wii

Here are some pictures I took when my mom and grandpa were playing games on the new Wii that Mom and Aunt G. had gotten him for Father's Day. Granted he and my grandma will share it and will hopefully get some good use out of it.



Mom & Grandpa playing a cow racing game. I don't remember the exact name of it, because it was on a disk full of many games.



More cow racing.



They actually had to ride the cows and knock down rows of scarecrows to gain points. Pushing the Wii controller forward while holding it sideways made your cow run faster. Pulling back slowed you down. Pulling it straight up quickly allowed you to jump over hurdles, and tilting left or right would direct the cow.


J and I tried playing the cow race game as well (among others), and it was fun. I kinda stunk at it though. My cow kept running into the fence and trees. Of course that doesn't reflect on how well I was playing. ;o)



Everyone enjoyed either watching or playing.



I thought this was a great picture of my grandpa,
and I'm so glad I managed to capture it!



This is a nice one of my grandma too.
She looks good for having been in the hospital last month.



Trying out a game of 9 Ball (pool).


This one was rather tricky and involved some skill, but was still fun. J and I use to play quite a bit of 9 Ball in college. He actually taught me how, and every once in a while he and I will go play for fun.

My grandma also played some games earlier in the evening and enjoyed them. She really liked the one where she could shoot down balloons, ducks, clay "pigeons", tin cans, and alien spaceships. That one was a lot of fun, and it really worked on your hand-eye coordination skills.

J and I liked the Wii so much that we decided to get our own once we were back home. Actually we thought about it for a few days and then got the Wii Sport console, the Wii Fit balance board and a couple other boxing & fitness games.

It's been lots of fun, and I'm happy to say that I'm back into a fitness routine. Not just because of the Wii fit "game" either. The Wii Fit game is good and I enjoy the yoga aspect along with improving balance/stability, but we found EA Sports - Active Personal Trainer and I have really enjoyed that one more (so far). With Active Personal Trainer, it's like I have a personal trainer and there are goals that I can set. I worked out on Wednesday and my calves, thighs and biceps were sore on Thursday. I took a break Thursday, and came back to do a light workout this morning which helped to stretch and warm my sore muslces. According to my 30-day goal, I will workout tomorrow and then take a break on Sunday. Sounds good to me!

I'm not going to say that you should all go get a Wii. It's not for everyone and it does cost a bit of money for the console and additional controllers, plus nunchucks, and balance board. Games seem to be where the price really gets high. Main titles range from $40 to $70 each, so I'll let you do the math. J and I figure that we're good with our games for now. When we find others we want to get, I think we'll try them out first if possible, and then determine if we really want to spend the money on one.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be enjoying the weather outside on our deck, and getting a workout or two in tomorrow.

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin