Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

This time of year people (yes including me) seem to go a little Pumpkin Spice Latte crazy.

Okay, I'll admit that Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes are quite good, but did you know you can make them yourself? Hmm?

I finally tried it based off the recipe from Love Veggies & Yoga.

So good!

I have to say that I like my homemade version better. (Sorry S'bux.) I think that may be because the flavored coffees you purchase from just about any coffee shop are usually made with extra sugary, flavored syrups - not real pumpkin.

Oh now don't get me wrong, they still taste yummy and are convenient when you're out and about.

This recipe is just one way you can make sure you know what goes into your coffee and how much of each ingredient as well.  [Read: sugar]  It can also help you save money.

Bonus!

Honestly I haven't figured out what the cost of making your own latte is, but let's consider the price of a can of pumpkin puree. I've found them around $1.68. You only use about a 1/4 cup to a 1/2 cup of pumpkin depending if you double the recipe or not. If you have leftover pumpkin, just put it in another container in the fridge or freezer. It's already mush after all, so freezing it shouldn't really change the texture. Along with that, most of the spices called for you may already have in your pantry.

It's still a far cry from a 12 oz. "tall" at $3.75 and with a whopping 39 grams of sugar.

Yikes!



If trying to make your own latte sounds good, here's a recipe you can follow as a guide.


0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin