Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Life

I haven't posted lately. Sorry. I know I should, just to write and get things out. Here goes.

Josh's grandmother lost her battle with cancer on 1/12/07.

Josh and I, along with the rest of the family are all doing well. Of course things will be difficult at times, but we are thankful that Grandma Norale, "Nora" is no longer suffering. She looked at peace and as though she was only sleeping. That was wonderful for our human eyes to see. We know she is in a better place now, and we are so thankful for that.

I am glad I was able to be there for Josh and his family. It was difficult for me to see Josh hurting so much, but I know what he was and is going through (my grandfather died in 2005).

There were a lot of good moments, memories, stories, and tears. I think we all learned a lot more about each other and also about the family. It was great visiting with everyone, and meeting some of the family I had never seen.

We played cards Saturday evening, since it was much too cold and icy to be outside or driving. Grandma enjoyed playing spades with Nelda, (Mom) and whoever else wanted to. That was fun, because we enjoyed recalling the times that Grandma was trying to beat the other team. Sometimes she did, and other times she wasn't as lucky. One thing we laughed about, was how she tried to make sure that her team didn't get any penalty points ("bags" in spades). She would always count the penalties for both sides, and she knew exactly how many each team had. (She had worked for years doing accounting and banking.) That always made us smile. We knew she would have been happy we were playing, just as we always did.

~ Grandma we miss you, but you will always have a place in our hearts and memories. ~

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin