Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

Ironic

How funny and ironic. I could have used this post when I made bread.

My dearest bread making tutorial, where were you last week? I needed your information, like grass needs the sun to grow.

Actually, after the very helpful comment from Glee and reading the Basic White Bread tutorial, I think my bread woes may have been from old-ish yeast and possibly not using enough flour.

Oh and, that 5 or 6 cups needs to have an asterisk. *Hey there beginner bakers. Use 5 or 6 cups, based on humidity and consisitanccy of the dough. If it's too sticky, add more flour. You can tell if it's too sticky by...

Next time I make bread, I'll have to let you (my 5 or 6 readers) know how it goes. ;o)

2 thoughtful comments:

mommiebear2 said...

I am sure next time it will come out just perfectly!

glee said...

Hey, Hol,

I just had an idea. Are you a member of a freecycle network? I am on one in my local area and just received word that someone is offering a bread machine. It isn't the brand I have been using, but they don't make those anymore:-((

Regardless, freecycle is a great place to find things. People try out things and decide they don't want them or they receive gifts they don't want, etc. My freecycle group is a Yahoo Group and you may want to see if there is one in your area.

Good luck!

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin