Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wow!

That's about all I have to say.

Today was fast and furious. I was biz-zay!

The busy part is good though. I have been so blessed to have gained new clients and more work lately, and I know exactly why, and where it's coming from.


[Motions up]


The big man upstairs has been putting in a good word for me.
*smile*

I say that jokingly (I know He's not "dropping my name"), yet at the same time I know that without Him I wouldn't be where I am today.


Back to the hectic mode I've been in.

Please pray that I don't rip all my hair out... J is the only one who should need to shave his head around here.

Maybe if I had some bare spots, I could catch Kira when she's shedding a whole lot. Her coat is really soft, and the color mixture is nice too.

That makes me wonder, have balding men ever considered using dog hair? Eww, that's kinda scary.

So, what are toupees really made of anyway?
*shudder* Never mind.

My mind is now scarred. for. ev. er.

Comb over? Toupee? Comb over... yep has to be.

The Donald as an infant? Ick!

It's something to ponder at least. At your next get together you can all wonder about the finer points of toupees, and if Mr. Trump will ever change his style. I doubt it. Just like Letterman won't fix the gap between his teeth. That's his "trademark".

Mine? That's something to think about until next time.

Okay fine, back to the point.

I have some deadlines fast approaching, and I'm getting pretty nervous about them. I know if I bust my hump I can do it.

My hump, my hump... Meh. Backspace. Delete.


Where's that little blue engine when you need it?


I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.


There have been some bumps with client's schedules... creating bumps in my schedule. It was a serious trickle down effect. Fortunately most of the deadlines that I had for May 1st were actually met today. Woo hoo for me!

Now, I have a brochure AND a website that needs to actually function by May 15th. Actually sooner than that to allow for edits. Whee.

Way to show your enthusiasm Hol.


Guess what else? I'm having a Southern Living at Home party at my house tomorrow night. Not a big deal though, because I was told to keep it simple. You know with the food and beverages.

So, can I order pizza? Only kidding Jenn!

Do any of you have any simple ideas for appetizer type food and something like a dessert? I need to have something salty and something sweet.

We'll have iced tea, coffee, and probably water to drink.

I thought about making pinwheel type "sandwiches". Maybe some meat and cheese, inside a tortilla, rolled up and cut into bite sized spirals. Some herbed cheese spread would also be good.


For the "sweet", maybe mini cookies or brownies? What sweet things are like appetizers? I'm not about to attempt to try and make truffles. Again it needs to be and look simple.

I think I'll need to refer to Martha or a few cookbooks in my pantry.

Oh dearest Martha, please have something "easy" on your site. Please, I beg of you.

Hmm, that means I'll need the car tomorrow as well. I'll be driving J to work, and then I'll be going to the grocery store later in the day... if needed.



I'm off to bed.

Hopefully I won't lay there awake for an hour or heaven forbid longer, while the little gears in my head turn.


Please for all that is good and decent, your help is needed.
Seriously. For reals.

All photos from a Google search.

6 thoughtful comments:

Susan said...

It's nice to be busy. Sounds like you're having fun.

Doug, Shelly, Ava and Liam said...

Best of luck with your deadline in May, Holly! Glad to know business is booming for you.

I had a thought when you said you are looking for a sweet recipe that is easy, and nice to serve...These are VERY yummy, bite-sized, look elegant and are SO EASY (four ingredients total)!

Key Lime Mini Tarts

14 oz Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
4 packages frozen mini fillo dough shells (Athens pre-baked shells come 15 per package in the frozen food section at Kroger, next to the phyllo / fillo dough)

Directions:
Use an electric mixer to beat milk and lime juice in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of mixture into each fillo cup. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serve within 24 hours.

Optional: I sometimes sprinkle green sugar sprinkles in the mixture and let the sugar dissolve, to give the mixture a light green color, before spooning into the little shells.

Best of luck finding the right recipe to serve, and with your business!

Shelly

Biddy said...

oohhhhhh i have the perfect pinwheel recipe! i'll send it to you when i get home from work!

Ann(ie) said...

I am the queen of easy peasy and simple. I love the pinwheel idea and the mini brownies!! And I wish I lived closer, girlie. I'd so come. SLH is the most gorgeous of products!!! Good Luck! xo.

Hol said...

suzio - I am having fun, although it has a little stress mixed in there.

doug, shelly & ava - Thank you for your good luck wishes, and for the Key Lime Mini Tarts recipe. Yum! If I don't make them tonight, I know I'll try them soon.

biddy - Thank you! There have been a few I found that just didn't sound tasty.

ann(ie) - Yea! That settles it. Mini brownies and nothing else. I kid, I kid. The pinwheels and brownies seem like the easiest things to make with what I have in the pantry/fridge.

glee said...

Hope your party is fun. Don't worry. The Guy who's been sending you all the work will help with the details. Keep talking to Him. He never disappoints.

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin