Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

What is a mom?

A mother, a mom, is a gift to the rest of us.
She is a blessing.

She is a friend when we need one, and a teacher so we learn right from wrong.

Mothers grace us with their presence, kindness, peace, and most of all their unconditional love.

She cheers us on from the sidelines, encouraging us to keep going.

Mothers pick us up when we fall down, yet let us learn from our mistakes.

They wipe our tears, and kiss our scrapes to make everything better.

Mom, I thank you for always being there and for believing in me.
I love you always and forever.

- Holly xoxox


My mom G, with Santa.


My mom all dressed up.
I think this was before a piano recital in 1958.


My mom and dad. Weren't they cute?!


My dad and mom, riding dirt bikes in the desert.
How cool is that?


She even had her own bike!


Mom concerned about me in the incubator.
I'm pretty sure she still worries.


Mom with my sister, C and I.
Is it scary that I can remember that couch?


Mom and I on a family camping trip.
We always had fun.


Mom and Dad at my wedding.


Mothers and daughters.
Easter 2008


J's mom N. Holding her grandson K.
She loves my sisters-in-law and I like we were her own.



~ Remembering our grandmothers on this special day as well. ~
Some of them have gone on, but we love and think of them often.




Great Grandma (center), with my mom (in glasses) sitting on her left.


Grandpa R and Grandma A.
My dad's parents.


Grandma A with fall leaves.


Grandma A holding my sister, C.


Grandma B and Grandpa J. My mom's parents.
I believe this was shortly after they were married.


Grandpa J and Grandma B visiting my mom and dad's house.


Grandma B
Christmas 2007


J's Grandpa T and Grandma N
"2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12... 13. They're all there."
Christmas 2004


"Her children arise up, and call her blessed."
- Proverbs 31:28


"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love."
- Mildred B. Vermont


"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
- Tenneva Jordan


"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
- Honoré de Balzac


"Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries."
- T. DeWitt Talmage


"A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, 'where mother is.' "
- Keith L. Brooks


"One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage."
- Robert Fulghum



A Mother's Love

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above...

- Author Unknown

3 thoughtful comments:

glee said...

What a wonderful tribute, Hol! I loved seeing all of those pictures! They brought back some great memories.

That Santa looked pretty scary.

I also remember that couch. It was quite...memorable!

You'll be a wonderful Mom someday!

XO

Anonymous said...

You know you made me cry...happy tears. Thanks, Hol. You have always been my little sunshine on a dreary day. Thanks for making me laugh and cry!
I thought that couch was so cool, but the color splashes did scream louder and louder as the years went on.
Your grandmother made that sky blue formal for my first voice/piano recital. That's your aunt on the chair. Now she's the singer!Wow! What a beautiful voice!
Hol, you are such a blessing! I love you. mom xoxoxox

glee said...

Oh, Hol and Anonymous G! I just looked at the pictures again and did you notice where Chel is looking in that picture where you all are on the couch? That picture makes me laugh each time I see it!

Also, G, do you recall the wrap you are wearing for the recital? How long did we play dress-up with that? I thought it always WAS a dress-up prop! I haven't seen that pic before, so I guess it was for real for you!

I'm so glad you have pictures of your grandmother A in there, Hol! I wish you could have known her. She'd have loved knowing you!

Thanks again for the memories!

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin