Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Work & The Return of Yellow Cleaning Gloves

Here are some of the projects I have been working on lately.
Enjoy!



In other news, I had a 15 minute rendezvous with my yellow bathroom gloves today. [sigh]

You should see me, I have hearts coming out of my eyes. You know, like in the cartoons I watched growing up (which are the best in my opinion). Instead of my eyes bulging, and doing a "wolf whistle" or "catcall", there are little floating hearts.


I wonder what the sound effects would be for that...
maybe a bit like bubbles floating up with a little POP!


Oh yes, the "bathroom gloves". You remember the intense cleaning and resulting stink from last time don't you? No? Well then, you must go read about that when you're done here. Seriously, your sanity depends on it.


So I had this date. Yes, with gloves.

I know most of you ladies have been on one of these "dates". It's not the most pleasurable experience, and you'd rather be "washing your hair". Trust me.
My dear yellow gloves and I did not gaze into each other's eyes this time around. Bathroom gloves and I have a different sort of relationship. I lurve them, and they lurve me, but it's all in a "no touchie" kind of way.

This encounter was with yellow gloves, and the dreaded toilet. Dun-dun-dunnnnnh!

If I were still a child, I would probably imagine the commode as a monster, especially when I have to clean it. Oh the horror!

Is there a "Commode Cleaning 101" or "Toilet Cleaning For Dummies"? Shouldn't there be? I'm just sayin, not that I need the help or anything. What would be really useful is a guide on how to clean a toilet without having to touch it. Oh my sweet sassafras, it's magic! How cool would that be?




Okay, so there probably aren't any helpful books or tutorials out there, but any tips or tricks would be great. I know about spraying the whole thing down and letting it sit while you clean the rest of the bathroom. The. toilet. always. comes. last.

The end.



Nah, I'm still here. I didn't get sucked in, and I didn't have to wear my lovely yellow gloves for two bajillion hours this time around either. I still need to scrub the shower, but little miss Kira needs a bath first. Lawsie, the hair from that pup that gets stuck on the tub when she shakes off is insane! Okay, it's not that bad, but it's still not pretty to look at.

Hmm, I think I remember J saying something about how he was going to wash her. Aha! Now my plan is complete. He'll wash her, and then if one of us takes a shower afterwards, most of the fluff will be gone (caught in the little "strainer"). Then when I clean the shower, I won't have to worry about it.

I'm always looking for safer and greener ways to clean, and it's a good thing too. Chemicals or fumes in a small enclosed space aren't really a good idea. I'm not sure about you, but I don't happen to own a Hazmat suit, but I could sure use one now and then. Especially when the boys in our lives spatter toothpaste or leave little um... drips. Not that anyone in this home does that. That would never happen!




Oh and what's that sound? I can hear our second guest bathroom toilet dripping or trickling in the tank. Wheee. If it's not one thing, like our AC not working properly or a leaking commode, it's going to be another. What is that now... Murphy's Law?

I think I will be having another date pretty soon with my yellow bathroom gloves. Until then, they'll be hanging in their appointed spot, lonely and secluded.

Sorry yellow gloves, I'll find you some friends soon.

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin