Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!


Five Little Pumpkins


Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,

The first one said,
“Oh my, it’s getting late!

The second one said,
“There are witches in the air!”

The third one said,
“But, I don’t care.”

The fourth one said,
“Let’s run, and run, and run!”

The fifth one said,
“I’m ready for some fun!”

“Wooo”, went the wind,
And out went the lights,

And the five little pumpkins,
Rolled out of sight.

(I grew up reciting the "Five Little Pumpkins" poem/song with my mom and sister.)


Sadly we didn't get pumpkins this year. I know, it seems like it should be against the law.
[grin]

I kid.

In reality there has been a lot going on. Things with the house, J's work, our upcoming camping trip next week, and then I got sick. Oh yes. Right. Before. Our. Trip. It is/was a doozy too. Strep throat. Dun, dun, dun!

I got a shot. Which in itself is worthy of a post. That will come later this evening. I'm also on the mend, feeling much better and quite thankful.

[sighs]

Guess what? It's that time of year! Wash your hands often and don't share drinks. I don't have any idea how I came across this bug, although it could have been as simple as going to the grocery store. We even wipe down the shopping cart handle. Not that it always gets rid of everything.

Note to self: Be ever grateful that I'm not allergic to any medications, especially penicillin. Also be thankful to God that this didn't get any worse and that I'm recovering so quickly!

So, therein lies the reason for a lack of pumpkins. I'll be running out this afternoon to pick up some candy, even though the past two years we have only had about 5 or 6 kids total stop by. Maybe it's because this is an older neighborhood. I don't know. Kinda makes me sad since I really enjoy "ween".

Without further ado, here are some Jack-o-lanterns we carved from the past couple years along with decorations.

Frankie

Smokey?
In all their glowing glory.

Cutting and stretching black garbage bags
took a lot longer than I thought they would.

It was totally worth it.

The few kids we had come by, really liked the
ghosts and the black tatters hanging down.

Mr. Halloween himself.

See any resemblance?

Jack Skellington


Have a fun and safe Halloween!

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin