Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 6, 2009

7:00 a.m.

Friday was the start to a long day, and 7:00 a.m. was the time we needed to be at the CPA's office for our tax appointment. We were there on time, but actually got in to see him about 7:30 a.m. (It's typical for his office to be behind schedule.) Everything went well and fortunately we'll get a little bit back on our taxes, thanks to J's job and me working from home.

After our taxes were finished, we headed to the post office to turn in our passport forms and photos and get the rest of the paperwork processing. In 4 to 6 weeks we should receive our little books, certifying that we are U.S. residents and are able to come back into the country. It's kind of funny since we're only going to Canada. It has only been a short time that people from the States would even need a passport book or passport card for that.

Surprisingly getting our paperwork and photos turned in for the passports didn't take too long. That's probably because we had our pictures taken the night before at an approved location, and we had filled out our paperwork before getting to the *hidden* passport office behind the post office.

Once that was completed, we had a lunch meeting with Jody, an old baseball coach of J's. It was nice and we all spent quite a while talking, meeting, and catching up. I even learned of a printer friend of Jody's who might be a good business connection. I gave Jody a few of my business cards and he said he'd give them to people he thought might need my graphic design services.

Awesome.


J had gotten the day off from work, since taxes and our passports would take up the majority of the morning. Once we returned home from lunch, we did a little cleaning and laundry and then relaxed a bit. Saturday was going to be fun for J, because our friend E was bringing J's new "baby".

Perhaps I mentioned it before, but J purchased a Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 from E, and it was on it's way to us. E arrived Saturday in the early evening. J was nearly beside himself with excitement. The two of them unloaded the bike from the trailer and then took the trailer back to the rental office so they wouldn't have any late charges. Once they got back home they started the motorcycle up and then it was time to take the bike up to our church's parking lot. That would allow J to safely ride it without having to be on the road and deal with traffic.

I went up to meet them about 15 to 20 minutes after they got up to the church building. J was riding around the whole parking lot, in and out of the obstacles. Obstacles being light posts and grass or shrub medians with cement curbs. He also did figure-eights in the larger open areas. E and I sat and talked while J continued to ride and become more comfortable with the bike. We were both happy to see that J wasn't stiff on the bike. He also wasn't having any trouble riding, steering, or even keeping it upright considering the bike's size/weight. Once J was about finished, he asked if I wanted to ride behind him in the parking lot. I told him I would, but only if he wasn't going to go very fast. I'll feel more comfortable once we both have more experience on the bike, and once J has completed his motorcycle safety / drivers education.

I did ride with him and he did very well. I did too, considering that many people tend to, and want to lean opposite of the driver. I remembered a few times when I rode behind my dad when I was little. I leaned with J instead of leaning the opposite way. I even remained upright a few times so he could see if it would be any different. It really wasn't. He told me he could barely tell I was behind him.

We still need to take pictures with J on the bike, which may be done tomorrow. This is one photo I found that will give you an idea of what the bike looks like. Here is another. The main difference of both is the color. J's bike is a light charcoal gray/silver color without the pin striping or detailing.

I went ahead and took a couple pictures even though the lighting is terrible. I'd much rather take photos outside in natural light and when J can be on the motorcycle.



Pretty isn't she? I think so. It would be nice to take a drive out to Brenham and visit the Blue Bell Ice Cream Creamery. Maybe one of these days. It's not too far of a drive and we've been wanting to go. Especially now since the Bluebonnets are in bloom. One nice thing? We have a few neighbors who ride, and a handful of men at our church who ride as well. I have a feeling they will all be great resources for J during this new experience. Each year when the Medina Children's Home collection cans are full and turned in, many of the men from our church ride their motorcycles to the home and personally deliver the cans. I think that's great. It's a bonding time for the guys, and a wonderful cause to support.

Check back this week. I hope to have more pictures of J and the new girl. Hopefully his Bronco won't get too jealous.

[wink]

I think it rains enough here that the Bronco and bike will have fairly even drive/ride time.

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin