Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garlic Lime Chicken - 6/23/10


 
I have a couple friends who started using their Crock Pots more often to plan their weekly meals. After about a week or so of looking at some delicious recipes and hearing what others made for dinner, I got mine out and decided to make this tonight.


Garlic Lime Chicken with side dishes of green beans and rice.

[My mouth is watering already]




Here's the recipe for the Garlic Lime Chicken (it makes 5 servings).

Ingredients:
  • 5 chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 C. soy sauce *I used the low sodium type.
  • 1/4 - 1/3 C. lime juice (according to your taste preference)
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard (or 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard)
  • 1/2 tsp. ground pepper

Directions:
  1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
  2. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate small bowl/dish. Mix and then pour over chicken.
  3. Cover. Cook on high 4 - 6 hours or on low 6 - 8 hours.



Here's what it looks like before cooking…




and here is what it looks like after.






- RESULTS -

After the chicken finished cooking here is what I have to say about the recipe:

I would lower the amount of soy sauce used, perhaps to a 1/4 cup. If additional moisture is needed, you could add water to the soy sauce to bring it back up to a 1/2 cup of liquid.

I would need to try this as well and see how it tastes.


Even though I used a lower sodium version of the soy, the chicken was rather salty and dry. This also could have been because the chicken breasts I used were smaller than average (thanks for that HEB) and therefore took less time to cook.



The overall flavor was decent, aside from J and I not being able to taste much of the lime which was probably overshadowed by the soy sauce.

Score = C

Not bad to try, but you will need to tweak it.




Most of the recipes I plan on using will come from this book 'Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining' that my sweet Aunt S got for J and I one Christmas. If you take a look at the "Fix-It and Forget-It" site they also have a monthly recipe section that you might find useful.

[Do you think I have enough links yet?]

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin