Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

5 Things - 3/26/08


5 Things - 3/26/08


• I love the sight of

My office desk, after I reorganized and decluttered. So much better.

• I love the sound of

The absence of police cars coming down our street.

• I love the feel of

Fluffy, clean, towels.

• I love the taste of

Strawberry Shortcake Paula Deen style. So good!

• I love the smell of

My shampoo - Garnier Fructis.




Here's the strawberry shortcake recipe, since I know you're all dying to try it.

This was the only photo I could find of Paula's shortcake from Food Network.
You'd think I would be getting paid for all of this advertising! Alton, Paula, someone?!

Paula Deen's Strawberry Shortcake

Ingredients:

1 large angel food cake


Directions:

For the custard:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

For the glaze:
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin (recommended: Jell-O)
1 cup water
2 cups fresh strawberries cut in 1/2 (if berries are extra large, they can be cut into quarters)
Whole fresh strawberries and mint leaves, for garnish

Slice cake, using a serrated knife, horizontally into 3 equal layers.

For the custard:
Mix together cream cheese, condensed milk, and whipped topping in a bowl; set aside.

For the glaze:
In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin; add water. Cook stirring over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Fold in strawberries.

For assembly:
Place 1 layer of cake in a large clear bowl. Top with a layer of glaze, followed by a layer of custard mixture. Repeat layering in this order for remaining cake, glaze and custard. Top cake with 3 whole fresh strawberries and fresh mint leaves.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Yield: 10-12 servings

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

2 thoughtful comments:

Burcham Family said...

Happy Easter! I'm glad you had a great time with your family and finally got a chance to see your niece!

Ann(ie) said...

oh.my.gah.

That shortcake.

Mouth watering.

Love anything of Paula Deen. I love how much butter she puts in EVERYTHING!!!

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin