Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Meme

This one has been floating around on the internets, so I thought I'd participate. Thanks to Glee, Biddy, and Nicole.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
- Paper, unless the gift requires a bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
- We have an artificial, but I grew up with, and love the smell of a real Christmas tree.

3. When do you put up the tree?
- After Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
- Usually New Years Day, or shortly after.

5. Do you like eggnog?
- Yes, but only certain brands. (We like Schepps better than Borden.)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
- That's a good question. Maybe my first camera or art set.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
- My dad, and sometimes J.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
- All our nieces, nephews and some cousins.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
- No, but I really would like to have the Willow Tree Nativity Set. (It's so expensive!)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
- Usually mail. I'm currently working on our card for this year, and also some designs for more cards if you're interested.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
- Clothing that wasn't the right size.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
- 1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, 2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (from 1966 with Boris Karloff.), 3. Scrooged.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
- It changes each year. We need to get better about doing it earlier though.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
- No I don't think so, other than using something for a "White Elephant" gag gift.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
- Christmas desserts/cookies/candy.

16. Lights on the tree?
- Of course, it's a necessity.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
- Jingle Bells, Silent Night, Oh Holy Night, Away in a Manger, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem...

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
- We usually travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
- Yes I can, although I'm more concerned why there is an apostrophe and an "s" on the end.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
- Sometimes we'll put a star. I actually want to get a vintage glass topper like the one I grew up using.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
- Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
- Grumpy people and crowds.
This is supposed to be a joyous time of year. It's not about spending lots of money, or getting things. It's really about Jesus, and I like to include helping those who are in need. That's what He would have done. People still don't understand that.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
- I like to mix old with new.
My favorite ornaments are the ones I got from my late grandparents. They are old, and the finish is a little bit worn, but I love them. My dad even has an old pink glass ornament from my great grandma. Growing up, I always looked forward to finding it among all the others so I could hang it on the tree.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
- Usually chicken or turkey with all the yummy sides. I prefer chicken or turkey, because I'm not a big fan of ham. I'd like to find something else to have though and start a tradition.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
- I know this is being selfish: money so I can put it towards a new DSLR camera and/or a tablet and stylus.
- In general: I want to do something for the homeless and needy in our area. It's been on my heart a lot lately.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
- I'm not sure, but you all can.

27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
- I don't know that either.

28. What are you most thankful for and will feel blessed because of it?
- My family, my husband, and God's grace.

29. Snow angel or snowmen?
- Snowmen.

30. Snow or hot weather?
- I don't see snow much anymore. I do kind of miss the activities you can do in it.

31. Christmas caroling?
- I like to sing Christmas carols, but I haven't seen anyone singing them door to door in years.

32. Favorite memory of Christmas?
- I recall once when my grandparent's G. dressed up as clowns with a couple friends and put on a magic/clown show for us. That was the best! I believe Grandma was "Star" and Grandpa was "Bo". Seriously, how cool are my grandparents? I thought they were the greatest then, and they still are.

33. A great way to spend Christmas Day?
- With family, playing games, visiting, just having a good time being together.

1 thoughtful comments:

Ann(ie) said...

I love eggnog. Any brand!!!! And gift bags. Paper stresses me out. ;)

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin