Our little ones

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Flashback to the 80's - 90's

What takes you back to your childhood?
What memories do you have?


For me:

"Purple" (grape) Kool-Aid
Sprite with a splash of grenadine (we knew them as Shirley Temples, with cherries on top).
Eating popsicles outside on a hot summer day.
Cabbage Patch Kids
Garbage Pail Kids
Riding bikes all over the neighborhood.
School bus smell. (You know the smell.)
Really bad haircuts/hairstyles
Watching Star Wars (the original 3)
Reenacting Star Wars with my cousins.
He Man and The Masters of The Universe
Our purple banana seat bike
Jem
My Little Pony
Barbie
Mackinac Island
"Up North"
Playing softball. The bat was just about as big as I was. (We were the Daisies.)
Cedar Point
Inspector Gadget
Watching Heathcliff while waiting for the bus at my friend's house (Remember this Heather?).
Playing with garter snakes with my cousins at "The Pit".
Making up silly games with my cousins.
"Blowing up" Christmas trees on New Year's Eve.
Telling jokes during Thanksgiving dinner at the "kids table".
My cousin almost choking and spraying milk out his nose because of said jokes.
Legos
Hide & Seek
Capture the Flag
Sardines
Fruit Basket
Wink 'Em
Mother May I?
Red Light, Green Light
Rollerskating parties
Making up our own murder mystery game. (I can't remember what we called it.)
Sledding down the elementary hill with garbage bags or the rolled up plastic "sleds".
Green light = outside recess, Green & Yellow light = blacktop only, Red light = inside recess
Dodgeball
Running laps around the baseball field.
Those wrist slap bracelets.
Jelly Shoes
Jelly Bracelets
Crimpers = crimped hair (We thought it was cool.)
Hairspray + curling iron = big bangs (Thankfully I didn't really do this one.)
Moving in the middle of 3rd grade = probably one of the hardest transitions I had to make.
Elementary school Science Fairs.
Battle of the Books
O.M.
Smelly pencils (fruit scented in particular).
Scratch 'n Sniff stickers
Sticker collecting
Brown paper bags used as book covers.
Being involved in theater from elementary school all the way through high school = fun.
Solo & Ensemble
High school = I could take it or leave it. Don't ask me to do it over again.
My shop/drafting teacher freaking out and throwing a chair at the wall because...
A student had taken a rasp and was carving into the wood desktop = death wish.
Drafting class with that same teacher (he was the only drafting teacher) = 1 semester of h-e-double-hockey-sticks.
Growing up playing with the next door neighbors.
Mickey Mouse night light
Singing along to Sesame Street.
Having a loose tooth almost every Halloween.
Trying to pull said tooth before going trick-or-treating.
Dressing up as a lion, pink bunny, vampire, scare crow, princess, Pippi Longstocking...
Falling down the stairs and creating a homemade dimple on my face.
Making Christmas cookies with my mom.
Building snowmen
Skiing
Cutting down a Christmas tree each year.
Going to the beach (usually Lake Huron).
Sledding
Playing in the fall leaves.
Going camping regularly.

I could probably go on for a while.

(This isn't a meme. I wrote this off the top of my head.)

0 thoughtful comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin